Wednesday, September 9, 2009

West Indies Mission Update - JJ Williams

"Utah Utes football: Williams now on a mission to tackle"




JJ Williams is playing football for the University of Utah this year. The Deseret News featured him in this article last month.

Here's an interesting quote:

"Some returned missionaries lose their killer instinct while preaching religion for two years and not playing sports, but that wasn't the case for Williams.

'I think the mission helped that,' he says. 'Two years without hitting anybody, I was hungry when I first got back. I can't wait until the season starts.' "

The funny thing is, I can't think of a kinder, gentler missionary. So I guess the quote is right - he saved it all up for the football field.

Elder Williams with his mission brothers in French Guiana

No comments: