Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Farewell to the February 6th Group
It was Carnival in Trinidad! This made gathering together for one last farewell meeting very difficult. In fact, Elders McKibbin and Baksh returned home directly from Martinique and Guadeloupe respectively. Elder Morris and his parents set off for Kaietur Falls in Guyana, leaving the remaining six elders of the group to gather in the mission home for a farewell devotional and testimony meeting.
You remember the "informal questions" don't you? Here is what the February 6th transfer group asked:
- What kind of music is appropriate after the mission?
- How to get school loan or job
- How much money to make after the mission
- Where is the best place to find a wife?
- How do you make the transition back home?
- What is the best way to plan education, knowing the world has changed?
- Why go to St Lucia for a honeymoon and what is good to do there
- Rings – diamonds – how to do it?
- What should I get out of church every week?
- Tactful way to drop her
- How to use connections and get help
- How do you know if she is the right one?
We now have 84 returned missionaries since we arrived in the mission field 19 months ago. As we welcomed in 9 new elders this transfer, we realized they would all remain in the mission field for at least a half of a year after we complete our mission in July 2009.